Many men experience an enlarged prostate as they age. At the age of 60, there is a 50% chance that a man can have an enlarged prostate and the chance further increases with age. Till a man is about 40 years old, the size of the prostate remains stable. For a still unknown reason, the prostate experiences a second growth spurt post 40 years.
As the prostate gland is located just below the bladder, this can become a problem. The enlarged prostate begins to interfere with the urethra, the tube inside the penis that carries urine and semen out of the body. The pressure can block the natural flow of urine causing problems like increased urination, difficulty urinating and incontinence.
Symptoms of enlarged prostate
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate
- Difficulty starting urination and inability to completely empty the bladder
- Weak urine stream or a stream that stops and starts and dribbling at the end of urination
Dealing with incontinence
- Talk to your doctor or meet a specialist like a urologist
- Make lifestyle changes like eating healthier, losing extra weight and drinking enough water
- Give up or reduce smoking and consumption of alcohol
- Light leaks can be managed by using Pristine Life incontinence underwear for men. You can buy them Click here